Touchstones Rochdale houses the Borough’s main Visitor Information Centre. The centre is part of the national network of centres approved by Visit Britain.
Services available include:
- Accommodation advice
- Local area information on family friendly activities, heritage attractions, walking, cycling and countryside events, shopping and eating out.
- Visitor guides and holiday information across the UK
- Tickets for local theatre productions and local events.
- Group Travel: Visitor Information can help you decide which attractions to visit, make the bookings for you, arrange coach parking for your visit to Rochdale town centre and suggest places to eat and drink.
The centre is also the starting point for the Rochdale Heritage Trail. Pick up a leaflet and discover the fascinating built heritage of Rochdale town centre.
Discover the borough of Rochdale
Set beneath hills and wild moorland at the edge of the Pennines, the borough’s beautiful landscape is dissected by tranquil waterways and lakes where you can explore a world of adventure.
There’s an absorbing heritage to discover too. Mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, Rochdale became one of the world’s great cotton producers in the Victorian era. An early powerhouse of the Industrial Revolution, its pioneering spirit also inspired the birth of the modern cooperative movement. That extraordinary legacy can be discovered in a myriad of ways from atmospheric weavers’ cottages and mills to ancient coaching inns and fascinating museums.
With award winning restaurants and bars, and surrounded by stunning countryside, Rochdale is a great place to relax and unwind.
The Borough of Rochdale has a selection of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets, whether you prefer a large hotel in the centre of a town to a cosy B&B. Alternatively, if you love the great outdoors the area has some excellent campsites to choose from.
There is so much to see and do, here are some highlights:
- Touchstones Rochdale
- Rochdale Pioneers Museum
- Rochdale Town Hall
- Ellenroad Engine House Steam Museum
- St Chad’s and St Mary’s the Baum
- Greater Manchester Fire Service Museum
- East Lancashire Railway
- Queens Park, Heywood
- St Leonards Church Middleton
- Old Grammar School Middleton
- Long Street Methodist Church Middleton
- Hollingworth Lake
- Healey Dell
- Healey Dell Heritage Centre