Your Trust in the Community celebrates 10 years of delivering low cost, pay as you go community exercise classes to local residents in the borough.
In 2013, Your Trust was granted £204,681 of National Lottery funding aimed at increasing adult participation in sport and physical activity. The initial funding was for three years, but due to the success of the project, we’re delighted that the community classes are still running sustainably seven years after the funding ended.
The funding has enabled Your Trust to deliver activities such as Zumba Basic, Yoga, Badminton, Walking Netball, Couch 2 5k over the past ten years. The activities are fun, friendly, social, low cost, pay-as-you-go with no membership. Thousands of local residents have benefitted over the years; forming new friendships, finding a new hobby, losing weight, making positive lifestyle changes and becoming active.
Co-ordinator Sarah Shard said, “It’s been an honour to co-ordinate this successful programme. Many projects are often unable to continue beyond funding but we’re extremely proud that Your Trust community classes are still running successfully ten years on. It’s been fantastic to meet so many lovely people over the years and hearing of the benefits that they’ve received from participating. I’d like to personally thank all of our fantastic instructors, staff and participants who have been part of this journey so far”.
To celebrate the success of the programme, we are offering everyone a chance to attend a community class for free during October 2023 at a community venue.
- Zumba Basic, Mondays, 10.30 – 11.30am at St Martin’s Church, Castleton
- Fun Dance, Mondays 1 – 2pm at The Hub Alkrington
- Zumba, Mondays 6 – 7pm at Stanycliffe Social Centre
- Yoga, Mondays 6.30 – 7.30pm at Hollingworth Academy, Milnrow
- Legs, Bums and Tums, Tuesdays 6.15 – 7.15pm at Stanycliffe Social Centre
- Pilates, Tuesdays 7.15 8.15pm at Stanycliffe Social Centre
- Fun Dance, Wednesdays 10 – 11am at Stanycliffe Social Centre
- Yoga, Wednesdays 6 – 7pm at Hollingworth Academy, Milnrow
- Ladies only Zumba Basic, Thursdays 10 – 11am at St Lukes Church Deeplish
- Zumba Basic, Thursdays 11am – 12pm at Rochdale Unitarian Church, Spotland
- Best of the 50’s and 60’s, Fridays 9.30 – 10.30am at Stanycliffe Social Centre
This offer is open to new and existing customers, but the free class must be one that you have not attended before, and you must pre-book your space.
For more information or to register and book your free space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07458 118121