Your Trust works with Rochdale Borough Council to provide fun and enriching school holiday activities for primary and secondary school age children who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals.
Early Help and Schools professionals can also refer children who they’ve identified as in need of this provision.
View the latest programme of activity through the link below:
Who is Eligible?
The holiday activities and food programme is intended to support all school age children who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals.
Children who are not in receipt of benefits-related free school meals, but who are considered as in need of this provision by professionals working in Early Help and Schools services can also access the provision.
This may include children assessed as being in need, cared for children, previously cared for children, children with an education, health and care plan (EHC), children assessed as otherwise vulnerable, or children living in areas of high deprivation.
Each eligible child or young person will be able to access up to four days provision during the holidays. Each provider will offer:
- At least one meal during the session that meets school meal standards
- Enjoyable activities, varying from provider to provider but including creative, enriching or physical activities
- Socialising and friendly spaces to build relationships.
How to Register
On the HAF website you can view the activities available in each of the townships: Heywood, Rochdale, Middleton and Pennines. These will be displayed from July and updated in the lead up to the summer holidays.
- Each provider will take their own bookings. The booking information will be under the activities on offer.
- Check with the provider that the programme is suitable for your child’s age range and any additional needs your child has.
- Programme places are offered on a first come, first served basis. Where a programme is full, you can register with alternative providers.
How to book
Booking and session information for Christmas 2022 will go live in the Autumn term.
More activities will be added over the weeks in the lead up to the holidays. You need to book with each individual activity provider. The details for booking will be on the webpage when you click on the town and then on each activity. Check with the provider that the programme is suitable for your child’s age range and any additional needs your child has.
Also, only book what you will attend. We want as many eligible children and young people as possible to enjoy the HAF activities.
We have partnered with Evouchers (part of Wonde) to support our HAF provision for the Summer Holiday Activity and Food Programme 2022.
The Evouchers team have put together a guide to ordering vouchers for distribution to parents, download it here.