Who is it for?
Join this course to gain valuable knowledge, experience and the skills you need to volunteer and work in culture, heritage and events.
There is no upper age limit but you must be 16 or over to take part.
This course is an introduction to working in culture, heritage and events.
You will visit Touchstones Rochdale, the Town Hall and The Pioneers Museum to gain useful knowledge and experience including:
- Emergency First Aid
- Safeguarding and protecting young people
- Working with disabled participants and performers
- Meeting key people and organisations in culture, heritage and events who can advise and assist you in gaining access to volunteering, work experience and paid work
- Meeting and making new friends
- Building self confidence
- Creative Learning:Take part in hands on creative sessions to understand how to work with children and young people
- Family fun: Find out how we engage with families
- Rochdale Heritage: Take a tour of Rochdale and spend time with our Local Studies team
- Volunteering opportunities: How to make the most of your experiences to find volunteer work
- Events Management: Speak with the experts at Middleton Arena and Heywood Civic Centre
- Enhance your employability skills
- Visit the museum stores which contains over 100,000 artefacts